Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

My macbook wont charge batteries - help!

My 2006 13" macbook wont charge any battery. It recognises the battery but says "not charging".

I got a new battery and I have tested it in other macbooks and it works perfectly.

 

So far I have tried all combinations of on, off, sleep, restart etc.

I also did a PRAM reset and a SMC reset.

Unfortunately I dont have the startup disks so I cant do an apple hardware test.

Has anybody any ideas/suggestions?

 

I had some problems 2 years ago and replaced the hard drive and the memory, although only one of the memory slots works.

My specs are

 

Hardware Overview:

 

  Model Name:          MacBook

  Model Identifier:          MacBook1,1

  Processor Name:          Intel Core Duo

  Processor Speed:          2 GHz

  Number Of Processors:          1

  Total Number Of Cores:          2

  L2 Cache:          2 MB

  Memory:          2 GB

  Bus Speed:          667 MHz

  Boot ROM Version:          MB11.0061.B03

  SMC Version (system):          1.4f12

  Serial Number (system):          4H629E0ZU9C

  Hardware UUID:          00000000-0000-1000-8000-0017F2262FCC

  Sudden Motion Sensor:

  State:          Enabled


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment