Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

2010 Macbook Air charging issue

Hello,

 

I own an 11 inch Macbook Air, late 2010. Recently I noticed that the battery would not charge. I reset the SMU, SMC and PRAM but to no avail. After doing a little research, I found out that I may need a new I/O board. I bought a new I/O board for my model computer, replaced it myself, and turned on the computer, still not charging. I checked the energy saving preference and the computer info on about this mac, and found no indication that the battery needed replacing. I tried resetting PRAM, SMC and SMU again, now the computer won't start up. The charging light is green, occassionally it will turn orange but then back to green, after 30-45 mins of not touching it, the unit turns on again. When I try to run a diagnostic, the computer shuts off.

 

Is this a battery issue? Did I buy a dud I/O board? Does the logic board need to be replaced?

 

 

Thanks in advance to any and all help!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment