Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Macbook pro cooling fan runs continuously after software update


I updated Mountain Lion last night (Mar 15, 2013). I forgot the version number, but it was 10.8.? I think.


After restarting the computer this morning, the cooling fan suddenly shot up, making crazy noise. It didn't come back, so I had to turn the computer off with physical switch. While the fan was running, battery was draining so fast. I began with 100%, but went to 65% in 45 minutes. Such thing never happened before. I did not run the computer with complicated Apps when it happened. I was using Safari and Logos Bible software. Does it have anything to do with the new software?



It is quiet right now, after restarting. I paid more than $2k for this computer last fall. Didn't have any problems yet. But it happened all of a sudden. Anyone has any idea?? 


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment