Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Overheating and Loud Fan on Macbook 13" HELP!

Hey Guys

 

I hope someone can Help

 

  • I've had my Macbook Since early 2008. But only in the last 8 Months my fan has become increasingly Noisy and Hot.

 

  • I upgraded to Snow Leopard last year (I'm on Mac OS X 10.6.8 ) and it seems it became alot noisier after this.

 

  • I originally only had 2gb Ram, but upgraded this week to 4gb ram thinking that would help. I've also gone and purchased an external hard drive and moved all my movies, photos, music etc onto this in an attempt to not only back up my files but hopefully alleviate some of my space on the mac.

 

  • I've tried the Resetting SMC and also followed another apple step by step guide (??) and in my activitiy monitor nothing is even over 10% and i've been regularly checking for the last hour.

 

I'm aware the fan is always running, but the noise is ridiculous. I've done so much research on this and i'm at a complete loss, I know there is only one fan in this version of macbook and it's definitely running as I hear it all the time.

 

Can any one help me at all?! Please??

 

I know when using websites with java/flash can affect this and i accept that- But I rarely do this as the noise just ruins the experience.

 

Any help...would be vastly appreciated.

 

Regards


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment