Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

macbook pro: "no batteries available"

I've had this macbook three years (since late 2009), but bought it refurbished. I had the battery replaced in January of this year and had no problems with it until today.

Last night I turned it on for a few minutes, it had 90% power, then I turned it off for the night. When I tried to power it up this morning, it would not turn on. Only when I plugged it in would it turn on. The power indicator light is green on the cord, but the battery icon has an X over it and reads "batteries not available". If I unplug it, it turns off. I ALREADY tried sleeping it, restarting, and reseting the SMC; no change. No software updates are available, and nothing else appears to be wrong.

What the heck happened and what can I do? This came out of nowhere!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment