Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Macbook 13" Late 2011 Problems - Erratic battery, loud, running hot.

Hi,

 

I've spoken to Apple Support however I was just wondering if I could get some extra information, the guy didn't answer all of my questions.

 

So last Thursday I stupidly installed Norton 360 Multi-Device on my MBP 13'' Late 2011 Model. After installation, the laptop started running loudly and the space above the keyboard where the fan is ran really hot. I immediately uninstalled it, and removed the Norton Backup files from my computer. However upon the next start-up the day after, my battery would give 30-45mins on a full charge.

 

I reset the NVRAM and PRAM and resetted the systems management controller. This recified my laptop from showing "1-2hrs remaining". However now the battery remaining status bar fluctuates between 4hrs and at one stage displayed 9hrs. I am in the process of calibrating the battery, however I have no idea what to do from there if it doesn't work.

 

My printer had been printing 20 copies of the one document, so I removed the printer off the network, but I can no longer pick it up to re-add it again.

 

I've been assured this is a hardware problem and not a virus, but I was wondering if anyone had any other opinions or advice?

 

Much appreciated!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment