Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

bulging/unclickable trackpad, battery dies at about 20% (Mid 2009 macbook pro)

My trackpad feels swollen to the point where it's rising above the unibody itself along the top edge just below the keyboard. It refuses to physically click (dragging a file isn't an option), so the only way I can use it is in the tap mode. It wasn't dropped or damaged in any way, I just sort of noticed it getting difficult on day. Furthermore, it likes to die at somewhere between 20-30% with no warning. I've read that this can indicate that the battery is bulging and if it's replaced the trackpad should fix itself. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this and if so how did it go? Here's some of my battery info I pulled from the "about this mac" info. I'm not exactly sure what I should be looking at, so any help would be appreciated.

 

Charge Information:

  Charge remaining (mAh):    2905

  Fully charged:    Yes

  Charging:    No

  Full charge capacity (mAh):    2905

  Health Information:

  Cycle count:    1637

  Condition:    Fair

  Battery Installed:    Yes

  Amperage (mA):    257

  Voltage (mV):    12429


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment