Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Battery Capacity at 95% on brand new MBA

I bought an 11" MBA 8/256 i7 config last week and was disapointed to see that the battery capacity on it was at 96% of design. It had 0 cycles on it. I figured it was a fluke and charged the battery overnight. Still 96%. I ran it down and charged again to get 4 total cycles - same thing still at 96% of design.

 

It was stuck at 4480mAh while design is 4680 mAh.

 

This was only 4%, but still I never had this issue on any of my previous MBP or Retina 15 machines, so felt like this was a lemon.

 

Took it back to Apple store for a refund and exchange. Got a new MPA with same specs...

 

This one is stuck at 95% of capacity! It is at 4447 max charge...

 

*** Apple! Do I have to return this one and wait a month for a different batch coming from China that MAYBE has better batteries installed!

 

After 25 years of owning Apple products I'm starting to feel like this may be 1994 when Apple quality went down.

 

I'll give it one more try, but seriously I shouldn't have to go through 3 laptops (with non-removable batteries) to get one that actually meets design spec!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment