Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

How do I diagnose/fix/test my water-damaged iBook? It could still work!

Hi! My 1.33 GHz G4 iBook with Leopard and 512 MB RAM was water-damaged about 6 months ago. I powered it on with the old (Still working) battery, but not plugged into an adapter, and I heard it make sounds. It started humming, but then it beeped a couple times (I think 3) and the sleep light flashed on and off. How can I test the parts? I have a G3 Clamshell, a G4 iMac, and one of my siblings has one of the exact same model. I don't want to risk breaking any of them at all, though. How can I test the hard-drive or any other parts? This could save me over $200, so I would appreciate any help at all. Thanks!

Also, I think the display might still work, but it could've been blown out. How do I hook it up to an external display before I turn it on?


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment