Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Clone OS 10.5 system using Time Capsule? Battery estimate accurate?

I bought an old iBook G4 running the Leopard OS (10.5.8), wanting to try out the Mac OS in addition to my year old iPad 2 which, to my initial suprise, I found that I use many times a day and is invaluable, reliable, and easy to use. I bought a new battery (possibly unnecessary) and iWorks (necessary) for the iBook and it works flawlessly. To put it mildly, it's well worth the $60 I paid for it.

 

Now my question: The installation OS disks didn't come with the iBook and I was wondering if I could clone the iBook's OS using Time Capsule or the Carbon Copy software so that I could reinstall the system in the event of a failure, and whether if the Time Capsule is set up, it automatically copies the iBook's OS and how I could use this to then reinstall the system. Such a failure has never happened with any computer I owned but I've come to value this computer in the several weeks I owned it.

 

Also, how accurate is the estimate of battery use time available? It just changed from having 2:52 hours available to 3:02 to 3.10 and now 3.11, seeming like a changing target.

 

Thanks to all.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment