Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

TiBook battery got unusual heat and melted it's casing..should i call support?

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this community and I need some opinions.

 

I have Ti Powerbook G4 (550Mhz) I bought brand new 10 or 11 years ago.

I still in love with this Titanium beauty and still use this for browsing internet.

(Amazingly, it still works just fine to do)

 

I bought macbook air few month ago but there is "something" about this

Titanium baby.

 

 

Anyway, I was using my Tibook few days ago on my lap and I felt

unusual heat (it was very very hot) on my lap. I flipped it and check out

the buttom of my Tibook and WOW, the battery casing was started to melting,

so I just took the battery out of my Tibook.

The battery casing melted a bit (looks like cigarette burn from inside) so I am keeping this

battery in safe place just incase it caught fire.

 

This battery is not aftermarket, this is original battery came with my Tibook when I bought it

brand new.

 

I googled this problem and I didnt find any battery problem with Tibook 550mhz model.

 

Should I report this problem to customer support? Does Apple still sell genuine battery for this Tibook?

This is my first battery problem and after this happening, I am very scared to buy thirdparty's


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment