Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

MacBook Pro SMC Firmware Update 1.6 DIDN'T solve my battery issue.

About two weeks ago I opened my MacBook Pro in the morning to find it was off. I left it on overnight and up until that morning it was still holding a very good charge for being 2.5 years old (could still get ~4 hours web browsing). When I plugged my charger in it only showed a green light. When everything was turned on and loaded I looked at my battery icon and it said (and still does say) 0% charged, not charging, replace now. I know my battery isn't holding as much a charge as before, I had it checked back in August and it was still holding 83%.

 

When the recent firmware update came out I thought it would solve the problem because the patch described exactly what my problem was. My charge cycle is at 1060 right now. After I installed the update there was no change in my battery though.

 

Thoughts anyone? Are there more steps I need to take in order to have my battery work properly again?

 

Thanks!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment