Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Startup disk full - Battery

I've been looking at forums for 2-3 days now and I've seen a few common problems

First being the Mail app and how Mail tries retrieving recovered mail automatically and that might cause an issue. I don't have a Recovered Mail folder, just an outbox + the whole folder is not worryingly big (1.8GB with a total of 15k+ e-mails)

 

What I've also noticed is that from 7hours battery I usually get, now I get 3:30 (same brightness, same applications open)
Fans start spinning without any apps open

 

It's a MBPr (mid 2012 model)

 

I have an app called FreeMemory, downloaded from the AppStore. For those who don't know, it shows the RAM usage and lets you clear the RAM cache. Suddenly from the usual 4GB of RAM left out of the 8GB, it runs down to 22MB with only Finder open. I then go to Force Quit, and relaunch Finder a few times and it gets fixed.


It seems like the problem is indexing my macbook since when the RAM is down to 22MB, Finder is literally empty, I can't see any of my files.

I have almost 40GB left on my 170GB Mac OS X partition.

 

 

Any ideas?

Thanks


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment