Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

MBP hard shutdown when battery runs out

Just two weeks ago my computer stopped going into a deep sleep when the battery got to low to run the machine. It now does a hard shutdown, though it does not notify me after I restart, but I can tell by the status of the applications that come back up. I have around 580 recycles on my battery. 88% life left.

 

I have tried the new firmware update, but it does not apply to my machine, an early 2011 MacBook Pro. I think this also specifically addressed battery cycles over 1,000.

 

Anyone having this issue as well? I have not had any random shutdowns that many other people describe. This only happens when the battery runs out.

 

I have run disk utilities, cleared PRAM, cleared SMC. Next up might be Disk Warrior.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment