Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Macbook Air 2012 Hot, Constant Fan, Short battery life

I have a 2012 MacBook Air 11". i7 2.0 512gb 8gb. I've had it for 3 days. From the beginning it is very hot and the fan is running at what seems like top speed constantly. A fully charged battery lasts 1.5 hours for email, web, and MS office apps. It's like there is something running in the background that is sucking the battery fast. I don't notice any speed reduction but I'm not using anything very intesive.

I have used a 2011 macbook air 11" 1.8 256gb 4gb for the last year and typically got 3-4 hours of battery life. That computer didn't get this hot unless there were multiple apps running and some CPU intense processes like google earth or video rendering.

I've called apple support and their suggestion is to take it to the apple store. If there is a known problem and or solution that doesn't require a full day of driving and waiting that would be better.

Thanks in advance.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment