Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Macbook Air - Intermittently Charging , Now not at all

Hi all,

 

I own a Macbook 13 inch air which I purchased in early 2012. My problem lies with the charging of my laptop.

 

The symtoms;

 

Macbook intermittently charges, but is now not charging at all

Mag connector is not showing any lights (being green or orange)

Laptop shows no charge increase with mag attached and no light

 

Took laptop into my apple store and they ran a 'diagnostic test' which showed everything as OK . I also noted that as soon as they plugged the laptop in the charger started charging the battery.

 

I then took my laptop home frustrated, after trying for the last week to get it to charge with no success. I plugged the laptop in and it started charging. Unusual i thought!

 

However now the same problem has came along again, with my laptop not charging and the mag light not glowing any colour.

 

Is this a hardware fault perhaps?

 

My software is up to date.

 

I have tried multiple known working plugs around the house.

 

The power adaptor is in excellent condition, it just sits in the same place and is never wrapped up etc and looks in perfect condition.

 

The power plug on laptop and mag are both clean.

 

Im really struggling to find any info as to what is wrong?

 

Any ideas?

 

Much thanks in advanced,

Flipstick476


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment