Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

How Much Does Brightness Affect Battery Life?

Hi all, just purchased a refurbished 13" Macbook Air 2012; I'm pretty psyched on it. My only issue is the battery, I never recieve the 7 hours Apple advertises!

 

My main question is: How Much Does Brightness Affect Battery Life?

 

-I like to keep my brightness at about 75%, I think I've been getting a little less than 5 hrs. Sound right?

 

-I've also tried out auto-brightness and I like it. How long have your batteries lasted on autobrightness? I've gone three hours straight so far and have 33% remaining- which would mean 4.5 hours. (If you do the math)

 

-Also- Are the "battery time remaining" estimates supposed to be accurate? Mines will jump around a lot, it'll often quote me 4h at 100% or 1h30 at 50%. But then change its mind pretty drastically.

 

-I'm basically just wondering if my battery is alright or if the wild swings in estimated life remaining and 5h- length are reason for concern. After all it is a refurbished model. Thanks

 

 

PS: My CPU is running @ 90%+ idle, typically only Google Chrome with +/-5 tabs open.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment